Friday, November 17, 2006

Rebelo Show pt2



Day 1 down in Newcastle, I drove down to Opus on the Wednesday (the day before the opening) where I met up with Mr Lee Simpson and Fanchea and finally got to meet the brains behind the aesthetics of my site, the legend that is Gavin Strange. It's crazy when you finally get to meet someone that you have been speaking to for ages over the net and get to meet them in person for the first time. Later on Gav's very good friend Jonny made it to the gallery and it was a pleasure to meet him as well. I aslo got to meet Mr Guy who had a mass amount of colourful work that really brightened to space.



Everyone was keen to get the show set up and everyone had fresh ideas on how they wanted the show to look like, well everyone but me. No sooner had I met everyone but I grabbed a table n chair combined with my cutting matt and my trusty knife I began to cut my live art piece.





There was some amount of work that needed to be hung up including plenty of skate decks so there was plenty to get on with and Sonneywas there to lend an extra pair of hands whilst I sat there cutting away. Gav was a bit of a nervous wreck due to the shitty postal service not delivering his 3 canvas' and a munny toy but he did well to take his mind off things.



Headed out for some lunch and when we got back Mr Guy had pasted some of his characters on to the basement floor. Here is Mr Lee standing in his pimp style pose.



Fanchea was amazing making plenty of cups o' tea. The two days allowed new T.UNIT recruits to be welcomed (It was easy to lose count on how many cups were actually made.) Cheers Fanchea. It eventually hit 10pm and that ment it was time to leave the gallery, I could have easily stayed cause I had so much cutting todo and wanted to get as much done as I could but I had to stop. The script was that myself, Gav and Jonny were staying in the nearest Travel Lodge and to save a bit of cash Gav booked it so that we all chilled in the same room. The room stank of stale fags and the kettle was dodgy as hell leaking and giving Gav a shock when he attempted to make the tea.



Jonny brought his laptop with him allowing us to check our emails (and our myspace pages, yes I'm a fanny and gave in to the darkside of the net) but Gav found time to write a wee Blog. Gav pasted out and Jonny and I ended up watching the worst John Travolta film an old one as well, gave up on that and lights out cause it was to be an early start at the gallery in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home