Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rebelo Show pt1



Seems like it has been a while since I have added a blog/news info. It has been a real busy few weeks of rme getting ready for the Rebelo exhibition at Opus, but the paintings are complete and on Thursday just there with one week to go until the opening night I bubble wrapped my work and left Glasgow and started the drive to Newcastle. I was pretty shattered as I started my trip but I turned up my tunes and turned up the heating cause it is pretty damn cold here at the moment in Scotland.



I needed to stop for a pee break, fill up my car with fuel and get my dinner consisting on a chargrilled chicken sandwich, kingsize twix and a bottle of juice, mmmmmm yummie. The drive down took around 3 hours but I eventually go to Newcastle around 7.30.



Surprisingly found the galery real easy and got to meet the brains behind Rebelo Mr Lee Simpson and gallery manager Fanchea Clarke. with their welcoming smiles and a stella we began chatting about the opening night and pretty much having a good banter. I then fetched my work from the boot of my car and unwrapped the many layer of bubble wrap to show off my submissions. I got to have a peek at the other artists work that had arrived and I was getting excited by the variety that this show is going to deliver. I would love to have stayed longer for a pint o' the black stuff but I had to hit the road and get some sleep.



The following day I went up the road to see my girl, she truely is something special not only did she cook a belter of a meal but she had bought me a new DVD. She bought me The Run Up, a documentation of artists influencing a contempary art movement. I'm actually watching it now as I write this blog which I'm going to finish up cause this is a beast of a DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home