Saturday, March 17, 2007

Take em down to China Town



This is the newest piece that I have completed from my New York series which didn't start out as a collection of pieces but after completing 'NY Azz' and 'Escape' I continued browsing through my photos from my last visit. I found China Town in New York an interesting experience compared to other china towns hat I have been to. I'm well pleased with the outcome of this piece especially the way it continues to feed my hunger for detail. I have been working on this piece for a while which I will be taking to my priends at The Red Door gallery. It has been too long since I have submitted new work to them as things have been a bit crazy. Speaking of The Red Door Gallery I would like to thank Chante for all her support for the past year as she is sadly heading back to her home land of New Zealand and hopefully not for too long. I wish you all the bst for the future and thank you Chante.
Below is a close up of some of the detail featuring a tired Klingatron in the background, I started working n the final layer and and just couldn't stop and so found myself staying up well late to finish.



But what else has been happening, well for a while I have wanted to get some more stickers made to paste up any where I find my feet taking me. I had an idea late one night and stayed up late one night working on illustrator to create what is now my new profile icon for my Myspace page and then I thought it would make a cool sticker, better than the last one I did as it involved my pattern.



So I got in contact with Edinburgh based Sticker Monkey to hook me up with a quote and then send me out some samples, which the cheeky monkey did pretty swiftly, so now with some minor adjustments to be taken care of I should have a batch of stickers pretty soon.
So I have been pretty focused on getting 'China Town' completed but was over the moon when I recieved a package from Mr Postman delivering something that I ad been looking forward tofor a long time. I ordered myself a pair of the limited edition K-Swiss Logan Hicks Trainers.



The box is in its own right a work of art featuring Logans signature pattern that has been laser cut, which is signed and numbered by the man himself. I got number 13 of 200 and the sneaks also come with a sweet t-shirt. There was some problems with the sneaks getting delivered across the water but they made it and I want to thank Logan for all his help and efforts to get the problem solved as I know he is a busy guy.
So that is what has been happening lately and I'm excited about the weekend that is coming up as I am heading down to Bristol to geek it up with the web design mastermind that is Gav @ Jam-Factory which I'm well excited about so stay tuned to see if I can get a Guiness down Gavs pipes on Paddys day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home