Saturday, November 17, 2007

Getting Things Done

I was flicking through a recent copy of ' i-on Glasgow' the other day to only to see a review about Bar Soba and check out the photo the used.



That is one of the 'Japanese Square' pieces I did which I was well happy to see in a magazine, that cheered me up after having a real shitty day.

It has been a busy month of November involving a lot of traveling which is where I start this news/blog update.
I headed down to what is becoming a second home for me, Bristol to catch up with my good friend Mr Gavin Strange and to pick up my artwork from The Workshop. It's always a pleasure hanging out with Gav especially when he has food ready for you after a 400 mile drive, we had a lot of things to plan out for the up and coming Carbon and Chemicals mini art tour that I mention previously but didn't do anything until we had watched Transformers on the big screen with surround sound.....the way it HAS to be seen.



We even got a new Podcast done so check that out to get the lastest scoop on what is happening and what is in the pipeline for Xynthetic.





The next morning saw myself and Gav meeting up with his lady Sarah for breakfast of smoothies, sausage rolls and the worst scrambled eggs I have ever seen and tasted, looked like vomit but I still ate it. Gav ,Sarah and I then took a monster walk to get some super 8mm film for our cameras in preparation for some up and coming filming for the xyntetic shows.



Gav has started a new free art campaign called "Free Art Friday" which involves him drawing one of his cool characters then randomly placing it on the street for some one to pick it up and give it a home.



This particualr piece kept on being blown on to the middle of the road so we had to reposition it a couple of times. But we got back to work to create the flyers for the carbon and Chemicals show featuring Lomo Photography hense the aesthetics of the flyer. I think it looks great and can't wait to see the printed version.



Before I knew it it was time for me to brave the long road home after one final cuppa tea, it amazes Gav how little milk I take in my tea.



"Must be a scottish thing." he says.

So back up in Scotland there has been plenty happening mainly over in Edinburgh. I got a call from Elph asking if I was keen to be a part of a group show in a new venue opening up soon to which I said "Damn right!" to. So I headed through to the Burgh to meet up with Elph and a few others to check out the space and to also pop into The Red Door Gallery to drop off some spare pieces I had.



I love the street The Red Door Gallery is on with buildings on top of buildings.



So I hooked up with Elph and we checked out the venue which was massive, check out website of The GRV to get all the info but basically it is a massive building with four floors to play with. The top floor is a massive gallery space as is the 3rd floor, the second floor acts as a studio for Blimey Productions and the lower floor is a bar which also has a sub room for gigs to be held.
This is the gallery space we would be using which still needing a coat of paint.



Friday 16th saw the opening of The GRV so I headed through with my work to get things sorted and help out. It was certain to be a good show with such a vast variety of artists showing including myself, Elph, Acorn, Gregor Louden and many more.



To begin with there was a lot of hanging around cause not all the works had arrived and the whole building was still getting finished off.





The bar and gig space weren't even finished and the opening was i a few hours.





All good though as it allowed Elph and Acorn to finish off some of their works.

Elph working ( this may have been a better photo had I made an effort to move that chair)



Acorn showing he has a good amount of patience when he works.



Sure enough things got done and the space started to take shape.











And then the doors opened.



Jen came down with her friends Claire and Amy and Claire even bought the larger piece that Elph did which was cool as she had never bought a piece of art before.





The place got pretty packed and it was good to catch up some mates that I haven't seen in a while including Doughty, Saul, Maci and Zack. Cheers for coming troops.





The show is on for a month so if you near edinburgh at all check out The GRV on Guthrie street.
I think that will do you for now, December should be just as busy so stay tuned for the next blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home