Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Weekend of cutting pt2

I am so happy that I finished cutting this pattern I designed, 27 hours of continuous cutting was all worth the effort. I didn't mess up (which people would keep asking how I would take it if I did) and now I was able to use this pattern for my new paintings. and the funny thing is if I had to I would do it all again, but I don't so I'm happy for now.

Well what a productive weekend I had. Because I spent all last weekend preparing for this one I was able to get on with painting. First of all I got on with a painting of my friend Hobbs, this painting is intended for The Red Door Gallery. The brief is that each image be 30cm x 30cm so I thats what i did but made 3 images equal 1, I'm pretty fond of it, these new painting allowed me to play with some new ideas which is always good.




So after completing the first painting of the weekend. So after completing the first painting of the day I had to head in to Glasgow to Bar Soba who are comissioning me to do several paintings for the dining area, so I had to go tehre to measure out the sizes of the walls so I know how Big or small to make the paintings. It was really good cause I had ideas but now after really looking around the creative juices got flowing. But I wandered around Glasgow for a wee bit n outside Boarders Books there are always people performing stuff.

I'm so glad i had my camera cause I was able to snap Dublin Juggler Russ breathing a massive ball of fire for his final trick. So happy I got this photo. But anyway the meter was running so I headed back to my car after shaking Russ' hand and got back on with painting. Now I have never painted on records before but have seen it many times n finally gave it a go, especially cause I found a box of old records in my attic.






I really enjoyed it and will be doing more record paintings for sure. So I incorporated the pattern into the background after a coulpe of practice goes to get the colours right n then got on with the paintings. You may be able to see that the paintings look pixelated which is intensional cause when viewed from a distance they are not. I'm happy with how they turned out n have taken then to Edinburgh so now I hope they will be up on display real soon. What a day, haven't a clue what I'll be doing next weekend but.

2 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger CGMarshall said...

Man that Cut out looks FRAGILE! man well done like.

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude those pixelated cuts look ILL!!!

Love the new pattern too, i can't believe how long you spend cutting !!!!

amazing work son!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home